Import Email Addresses
From cPanel Navigate to the email section and click on Address Importer.
Create the import file
To create the import file, add a series of email addresses and passwords to your spreadsheet or plain text file. For each account forwarder, use a separate row in the spreadsheet or a new line in the plain text file to separate the information for each account or forwarder.
Import the following information for each address or forwarder:
- For example, user1 or email@example.com.
- You are not required to include the domain portion of the address (In the previous example, @example.com is the domain portion of the email address).
- Passwords (to import email addresses)
- For example, 10 indicates 10 Megabytes.
A .csv file is a plain text file with the .csv extension. When you use a .csv file, separate your email addresses and passwords consistently. Use commas (,), periods (.), or any other character (delimiter), to separate the information that you wish to import for each account.
Your .csv file will resemble the following:
Remember: You do not have to use a comma (,) as your delimiter.
Import the file
Import the file to create the accounts. cPanel uses the information in the file to create all of the accounts automatically.
To import the file, perform the following steps:
Step 1, select Email Accounts or Forwarders.
Step 2, click Choose File to select the file to import.
Step 3, select the character that you used as the delimiter.
If you used a delimiter that does not appear in the list, select Other and enter that character in the text box to the right.
Click Treat first row as column headers if you placed column headers in the first row of the file.
- Use the menus above each column of values to assign the properties of each delimited value.
- For example, if you chose to use a comma as the delimiter, and input the line account, password, domain, use the menus above each value to assign account to Email, password to Password, and domain to Domain.
- Select Ignore for columns that contain unnecessary data.
- From the Step 2 menu, select the domain to use for these accounts.
Click Next and than Click Finish.
Click Import More to return to the first screen of this interface and import additional addresses.