What is cPanel? The Complete Guide to cPanel for Beginners
What is cPanel?
cPanel is one of the most popular Linux – based control panel for web hosting accounts. In other word “A control panel that manages your Linux-based hosting service is called as cPanel”. It let’s you conveniently manage all services in a very single place. Currently, cPanel is the industry standard and most web developers are well familiar with it.
Many web professionals prefer cPanel web hosting due to it’s user-friendly interface. cPanel hosting makes it easy to create email accounts, reset passwords, setup email forwarders, etc. Other popular cPanel hosting features include setting up domain parking which allows you to redirect one domain name to another domain name or add multiple domains with which you can host several domain names under one hosting account.
Features of cPanel Web Hosting
When web hosting comes with cPanel, it covers several features such as security, file management and app installation.
- Manage FTP Accounts : File Transfer Protocol or FTP is a protocol that enables users to upload and download files, create or delete them, organize your files in folder and allows you to change the file permissions. cPanel web hosting makes it easy for you to manage all this with the help of FTP accounts. An FTP account will get created within the cPanel automatically, after you sign up for cPanel web hosting. It is possible to create several FTP accounts without giving the access to unknown users. With cPanel, you can decide on the level of access to be given to a particular user by assigning that user to a specific directory.
- Add Multiple Domains : cPanel has made it easier to manage your domains in a single place. In this post, we will go over how to add another domain to your existing cPanel account. This tutorial will require that you have a hosting account and have access to cPanel to add the domain.
- Strong Database Support : If your website uses a content management system (CMS) then it will use a database to store posts, settings and other information. MySQL and PostgreSQL support cPanel. Both of them are structured query languages that are widely used to collect information from databases. cPanel web hosting fortifies your website with a solid database management system.
- Manage Your Emails Easily : Managing your emails becomes easy with cPanel web hosting as it offers plenty of options. It is possible to create, edit and remove email accounts with cPanel. You can modify password, set the mailbox quota and configure your mailbox with your preferred client such as Outlook. It is also possible to configure your emails with your Gmail account.
- Get Detailed Website Stats : cPanel offers detailed statistics on different variables such as number of site visitors, pages viewed, viewer’s IP address, most viewed pages, visitors that returned to the site, operating systems of the visitors, browsers, site ranking, etc. These statistics help the site owners to make adjustments for meeting the needs of users and work towards making their website SEO friendly.
- Softaculous for Installing Applications : cPanel web hosting offers Softaculous script installer that helps users to install applications with just a single click. Users can install more than 400 applications with Softaculous. Softaculous is widely used in the Web Hosting industry and it has helped millions of users install applications by the click of a button. Softaculous Auto Installer easily integrates into leading Control Panels like cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin, InterWorx, H-Sphere.
- Secure Your Website with Cloudflare : Cloudflare, a content delivery network is included in cPanel web hosting that secures and accelerates websites. After getting an access to Cloudflare through your cPanel, your website traffic gets routed via a global network that speeds up the web pages delivery for the visitors that browse them. You also stay protected from DDoS and other attacks with Cloudflare.
Advantages of cPanel Web Hosting
- Complete Control on Applications
- Get Pre-Installed cPanel
- Backup and Scalability
- Cost-Effective as Compared to Windows
- cPanel web hosting
You might also like: Nepal’s Top 10 Web Hosting Companies