Top 7 Alternative to cPanel
In order to manage different web services such as Email Accounts, FTP accounts, file management functions, subdomains creation, disk space monitoring, bandwidth monitoring, backup creation and many more in a systematic manner, we need a control panel. All the control panels available globally maintain and manage all these services in a single location.
cPanel is the most popular and highly rated control panel globally. With its much relevant UI interface and services at much affordable rate, it used to be the prominent option for managing and maintaining different web services. But, recently cPanel issued an email to all its customers and also post a blog mentioning the update in License and Price Model. cPanel hike its service price by 1000% which is more than expected. So, customers spreading globally started looking for alternatives instead of going to the recent price structure.
Top Alternatives to cPanel
Plesk got its functionality and services similar to the cPanel. The control panel serves by the Plesk allows you to build and manage multiple sites from a single dashboard. It has got enough resource to run, automate and grow applications, websites and hosting businesses.
Features of Plesk
- Plesk function in multiple OS, even support windows
- Migration can be done with Plesk Migrator Tool
- Supports NGINX & Apache web servers
- MySQL and MsSQL server databases
- Backups can be performed in other platforms such as Dropbox, AWS S3, Google Drive and Acronis, instead of using local backup directory of your server as in cPanel
- 24 x 7 free support
VestaCP got the fine control panel for Centos, Debian, and Ubuntu operating system. VestaCP offers paid as well as free service. With its latest and greatest versions and depending on available system resources, it can deliver optimized configuration for Low/Medium/High RAM server types. It’s an open-source alternative to cPanel. This open-source control panel VestaCP is released under the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 3. They charge for the support according to your time limit.
Features of VestaCP
- Free Opensource control panel
- iptables and fail2ban firewall configuration
- NGINX, Apache, PHP-fpm web servers
- MySQL, PostgreSQL databases
- Demo available here:
ISPConfig is a widely used open-source control panel with an average 40,000 downloads per month. Because of the huge documentation and big community with the support forum, ISPConfig is the globally known control panel and is the perfect alternative to cPanel.
Features of ISPConfig
- Single or Multiple server configuration from one control panel
- supports many Linux distributions Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, Fedora, OpenSuSE
- Four access levels (Administrator, Reseller, Client, Email Login)
- Manged web services such as Email Accounts, FTP Users, MySQL Databases, Shell Users, IPv4, and IPv6 support, etc
- Support for many Daemons
Its a paid control panel with much secure and easy file access configuration. With its UI friendly interface, it is easier to use the Direct Admin control panel. With flexible licensing options, it avoids downtime by automatically recovering from crashes and offer high-quality support.
Features of DirectAdmin
- Offers 3 access levels Admin, Reseller, User
- Create / List / Modify accounts
- predefined user package
- With DirectAdmin’s built-in ticket support system, resellers can quickly send a message to all their customers
- can assign the IP
- Personalized nameservers
Froxlor is the light server management panel developed by experienced server administrators. Froxlor is the open-source control panel is alternative of cPanel that simplifies the effort of managing your hosting platform.
Features of Froxlor
- One has the option to choose per domain which IPv4 and/or IPv6 addresses and port
- Advanced SSL
- Traffic calculation
- API Base
- Free Let’s Encrypt
ServerPilot is another alternative of cPanel where you don’t have to install it on your server to use. With their agent, they connect to your server being at the central location. Once you install the agent on your server, it connects to the control panel. You can also automate using their API.
Ajenti is the server admin tools that offer a fast and secure way to manage a remote Linux box at any time using everyday tools like a web terminal, text editor, file manager, and others. Once you install Ajenti, you can access it from everywhere with a responsive remote terminal.
So, these are the available cPanel alternatives that might help you out with recent pricing moels of cPanel. If you think there are other options available you can comment it down below.